NOTE: This article only applies to Windows XP systems.
SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate's default setting is to run on system startup/boot. You can use the Windows Task Scheduler to have AutoUpdate run at a time other than start-up (this is essential for Windows XP systems left on 24/7).
To trigger AutoUpdate with the Windows Task Scheduler in Vista/7/8/10+:
- AutoUpdate is automatically set up to run on user login or every 24 hours on your Vista+ system. There is no need to manually configure anything.
To trigger AutoUpdate with the Windows Task Scheduler in XP:
- Login to an administrator account
- Open the Control Panel:
- Click START in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Click on "Control Panel"
- Add AutoUpdate to the Scheduled Tasks Panel:
- Double-click on "Scheduled Tasks"
- Double-click on "Add a Scheduled Task".
- Click NEXT
- Click "Browse..."
- Browse to sbautoupdate (sbautoupdate.exe)
The default location at installation would be
- Click on sbautoupdate.exe
- Click OPEN
- Set up your schedule (for multiple user-acount systems we recommend "when my computer starts", or "daily" if your computer is left on for long periods)
- Enter and confirm your administrator login password
- Click FINISH
- Disable AutoUpdate to prevent it from automatically running using the default method. (If you wish.)